There are three important parts of Physics Day:
- Learning about physics while enjoying rides
- Participating in contests and activities during Physics Day
- Enhancing your students’ classroom learning before and after Physics Day, using these activities and the related curriculum materials
Details on the event are provided in the Annual Teacher Letter. We have also written a letter to take to your principal or administrator, Annual Administrator Letter, offering argument for why USU Physics Day at Lagoon is a valuable learning experience for your students.
Here is what you need to do:
- Let us know you’re coming by filling out the School Registration form.
- Arrange for payment of student entry passes through Lagoon.
- Register for individual contests for the chance to win great prizes including cash prizes and scholarships to USU!(Completing registration forms prior to arriving at Lagoon will eliminate a majority of the time spent in line.)
- Stop by the USU registration table by the main gate of Lagoon on Physics Day. If teachers verify their pre-registration form, they will receive a complimentary Ride Passport for the day of the event, a free lunch pass, and a coupon for a free Physics Day T-shirt at the Davis Pavilion prize desk.
- After your visit, return here and fill out a brief Teacher Survey to provide your feedback and suggestion to improve future Physics Days. Thanks for joining us!
- Looking for a way to get to lagoon? Use UTA’s Frontrunner! More information about how to use Frontrunner to get you and your class to Physics Day at Lagoon can be found here.